Senior Data & AI Developer Advocate/Open Source Developer @ IBM (2019 - present)
Working @ CODAIT
Democratize AI by building tools, launching new open source projects, and improving existing core open source frameworks
Lead Data Scientist @ SelfScore (2017)
- Developed solutions to automate reports and key metrics through Shiny web dashboards, R scripts and Dropbox
- Designed, maintained and managed data pipelines using Amazon Redshift, R and Jenkins
- End-to-end planning and management of data science projects towards timely and desired outcomes
Data Scientist @ Sharethrough (2015 - 2017)
Optimization Team /
- Developed and built algorithms on floor recommendations that increased Publisher’s revenue by 20%
- Worked closely with software engineers to create an automated process and an experimentation framework.
- The only Data Scientist in the company
- Design and develop click prediction models and algorithms.
- Developed price floor recommendations.
- Worked with 100GB+/day using tools such as Spark and H2O.
- Built data science pipeline using Spark (PySpark) - from raw logs to data ready to model.
- Built framework, design, and analysis of experiments.
Lead Data Scientist @ Alpine Data (2013 - 2015)
- Lead a team of 5 Data Scientist
- Worked on pre and post-sales engagements with several clients including Finance, Healthcare, Advertising, etc.
- Created the appropriate analytics workflows that best deliver relevant insights and predictive models for a client applying techniques such as machine learning and statistical analysis to deliver business value.
- Write documentation and Knowledge Repo
- Train customer teams on best practices for data analysis/modelling within Alpine’s software
Teaching Assistant @ SFSU (2012)
Course: Information Design (Instructor: Pino Trogu)
- Taught designers on how to pre-process and visualize data with R for sketching and development, and Illustrator for cleaning up and finalizing the visualization (Textbook: “Visualize This” by Nathan Yau)
Statistician (Research) @ UERJ (2007 - 2011)
- Epi-R :a graphic user interface oriented to epidemiological data analysis
Private Tutor (2000 – 2009)
- Taught high-school on Math, Physics and Chemistry
Music Executive Producer (2001 - 2004)
- Press Office/Sponsorship/Accounting
Bands: Liquidificalouca 📹 & Paula Leal